National Defence Academy & Naval Academy (NDA & NA) exam, the most popular exam in 12th passed or appearing defence aspirants. Reason for that– it is one of the first officer’s entry exams in Indian defence. It is conducted by Union Public Service Commission, twice in a year. Now we will talk about 1st NDA exam of this year, that is NDA & NA 1 2014. It is going to be conducted on 20th April 2014. Admit card for the same are already available for download.
The competition is very high, because about 3.5 Lakhs candidates are going to appear in this exam. To clear the written exam, you have to put your best effort. Check the exam pattern, marks division, No. of questions etc. those are given below and do your time management for each part.
SCHEME OF EXAMINATION
There will be two papers i.e. Mathematics & General Ability Test. Both the papers will have objective type question. Duration of each paper is 2 hour 30 minutes. Mathematics paper will have 120 objective type questions and 300 marks. General Ability Test will have 150 objective type questions and 600 marks. General Ability Test paper will have two sub parts- ENGLISH & GENERAL knowledge. English paper will be having 200 marks and GK paper will contain 400 marks.
|2||General Ability Test||600||2:30 Hours|
General Tips for NDA & NA Exam
There are some general tips for NDA exam. The last moment mistakes can affect your performance and can put you far behind from other competitors in marks race.
If you take care of these points, you will definitely improve your performance.
- Revise self-made notes if you are having such notes.
- Note down all the important mathematical formulas on paper so that you can revise it before exam.
- Do not read any new topic just before the exam.
- Solve one or two NDA Previous Year Exam paper so that you become familiar with the questions.
- Download your admit card, because after 20th April 2014, the download link will not work.
- Take two printout copies of your NDA Admit Card and check it for any type of error in Name, Father’s Name etc.
- Read the instruction given along with the admit card.
- Keep NDA Admit Card safe even after exam, because you will need this, at the time of SSB Interview.
- Complete 8 hours sleep on night before exam, so that you don’t get exhausted.
- Don’t hurry up in marking the answer in OMR sheet, because you can’t change the answer if once marked the wrong option.
- Reach at the exam centre half an hour before starting of exam.
- Fill all the particulars very carefully.
- Take an identity proof and two passport size photos along with you. You may need these in case of any problem in attendance list.
- Avoid traveling on the day of examination.
For full details about NDA exam like Cutoffs, Syllabus, Eligibility, Marking scheme etc., visit this link: NDA EXAM