Group discussion is also a part of SSB Interview. In screening test, there will be a GD after PPD that will decide your stay at SSB centre for further 4 days testing. There will be 2 group discussions in GTO that can affect your GTO report. So we can say that group discussion covers a major and very important part of SSB Interview.
Most candidates find it’s very difficult to face Group Discussion & they fail to show their true abilities. But this weak area can be your trump card if you learn some very basic things.
Here are Some Common Key Points You Have to Remember During Each Group Discussion
- Give points in favor of topic, you want to discuss, out of two given topics.
- Whenever you speak in group discussion, your voice should be loud and clear.
- Try to enter in the group discussion, as soon as possible.
- Never look at the GTO during the group discussion.
- Take part in discussion as many times as possible.
- Speak in English, Hindi or mix .No 4th language is allowed.
- Never conduct the discussion for example- chest no.2 you speak, chest no. 8 you speak etc.
- Just speaking anything is not counted, so give logical points and points with facts & figures.
- Interact with the entire group, not only with 1 or 2 candidates.
- During discussion, don’t call anybody by his/her name. Use chest no. in place of name.
- If a candidate is speaking, listen to him. You can find new ideas and points by listening.
- Don’t look serious during discussion. Keep smilingJ.
- You should not make unnecessary body movements while speaking or during discussion.
- Don’t repeat points or ideas.
- Don’t create a fish market. When everybody else is speaking, you just stop speaking and collect new ideas.
- Do not loose patience.
- Try to cover the topic from all angles i.e. Its positive side /its negative side.
- You can speak in favor or against or in-between.
- Never show aggressiveness in GD, because it is just an informal discussion, not debate.
- Stop speaking, whenever GTO tells you to stop.
- One last point and the most important one “whatever you speak, just speak with full confidence”J.
Most of the points are general points that work for all types of Group Discussion, whether it is for ssb interview or some other MNC interview. So follow these simple points and become master of GD.